The cost of holiday essential was checked recently by the Post Office Holiday Costs Barometer in varied resorts of Europe. It has been revealed that Albufeira, in Portugal, was the lowest in terms of prices.
As per the findings, the resort following Albufeira was Torremolinos in the Costa del Sol. However, the price of ten ordinary items on an average in the coastal resort was £46.34, with the items including sun cream, bottled water and cigarettes. The average price at Torremolinos was £46.50 for the goods.
There are many factors that have contributed to revive Spain Tourism industry, some of them are, increased prices in Turkey, insecurity in rival holiday destinations-Egypt, Tunisia, and Greece, superiority over other holiday destinations, regarding the diverse facilities available in Spain.
There is good news for Spain tourism industry, as Irish tourists who visit Spain for holidays have increased by 13.7%.The facts have been put forth by Spanish tourist board statistics. The said percentage is for the last year.
Real estate investors in Spain will be delighted by news that the European destination has been tipped to become the top vacation hot spot this summer, regardless of growing rivalry.
The claims are sure to be greeted at a time when the Spanish property market remains depressing amidst declining prices and a meager exchange rate.
In the meantime, the Association of Independence Tour Operators (AITO) has announced that Spain will fight off competition from promising destinations like Turkey and Egypt to retain its place as the most famous place for sun-starved Brits.
According to the figures released by the Skyscanner, European tours to visit Portugal and Spain remain extremely high among Brits.
While talking to media, the flight comparison service said, Spain has three cities in the top ten lists of most searched-for journeys during the upcoming Easter holiday period - Malaga, Alicante and Barcelona.
Moreover, the figures expressed that Portugal's Faro has been named as the 13th most popular place in terms of flight searches.
In the meantime, some other locations named in the top 20 include Paris, Rome, Prague, Madrid and Milan.
According to sources, the 14th edition of MITM Euromed, Meeting and Incentive Travel Market, is all set to take place in the Spain’s Costa Brava resort city of Lloret de Mar.
The meeting is scheduled to be held from June9-11 this year.
Moreover, MITM will be sponsored by Lloret de Mar-Costa Brava, Olympic Congress Center, as well as Evenis Hotels, while it will take place at the award winning “Olympic Congress Center.”
Today's popular content
- Spain’s King Gives his Luxury Yacht to the Government
- Repsol board sanctions dividend cut
- Queen of Spain to Sue Dating Site over Using Her Image in Offensive Way
- Vodafone records 4.2 per cent fall in organic service revenue
- Export-parity pricing will wipe off refiners’ profitability: analysts
- Dutch Sociologist Saskia Sassen's Awarded Spain's Prince of Asturias Social Sciences Prize
- Repsol’s Board meeting on Jan 15 to vote on Brufau
- Thalidomide Victims Sue Manufacturer Company of Drug for Allegedly Selling Drug in Spain for Six-Months after Ban
- Inaugural Great Ball Run to be Held in Northern Virginia this Summer
- Sister Teresa Forcades Opposes Excesses of Capitalism