The most awaited `Global 500' list from US business magazine Fortune is out. It was published in July and this year's rankings of the world's largest corporations by revenue have really astonished many around the world.
The issue has ranked BNP Paribas at the 30th position worldwide among the companies list from all the industries and different sectors. It has left behind Banco Santander standing at the 44th position, HSBC Holdings at the 53rd and Citigroup at the 60th position.
Moreover, the magazine has also ranked it high at European level. Yes, BNP Paribas has been ranked as the 13th-biggest revenue earner leaving behind Banco Santander at the 17th position and Deutsche Bank standing at the 40th.
As far as the country rankings for France are concerned then again BNP Paribas has done a magic with standing on the third step of the podium. Crédit Agricole has been ranked at the sixth place in France and 58th worldwide, whereas Société Générale was seen standing at seventh spot in France and 67th around the world.
With all the above ranks, BNP Paribas has been added to the list of all the top banks not only in European terms but in global terms too.
Today's popular content
- Repsol board sanctions dividend cut
- GLP introduces its Creamy Delight yogurt brand in Philippines
- Obama nominates HBO exec Costos as ambassador to Spain
- Spanish police arrest five Tunisians for praising terrorism
- US Navy contractor Electric Boat to help Spain slim down overweight submarine
- Germany to provide affordable credit to Spanish firms
- Actress Lindsay Price and top chef Curtis Stone tie the knot
- Investors in renewable energy to lose as Spain poised to cut subsidies
- Queen of Spain to Sue Dating Site over Using Her Image in Offensive Way
- Thousands of anti-austerity protestors take to streets