The world's largest train maker Bombardier Inc has announced that they have a signed a deal worth 281 million Euros with the Saudi Arabian unit of Talgo, which is a Spanish firm that manufactures intercity passenger trains.
The Saudi Arabian unit has asked Bombardier to provide them parts for their 36 speed trains. Not much has been revealed from the side of Talgo, but some information has been revealed from the side of Bombardier.
Bombardier has revealed that most probable chances are that they would be preparing propulsion and control parts. Not only this, they will also be providing 12 year maintenance services as well to Talgo. The manufacturing of the same will be carried out in their Trapaga plant in Spain. While talking about the new order, it was also revealed that they have also been able to clear its backlog.
It is considered to be not less than an achievement for Bombardier, as they cleared their backlog despite the prevailing economic crisis. "We have proved that Bombardier has the answers to meet the growing demand for efficient and competitive rail systems in the North American market", said Raymond Bachant, who is the head of Bombardier Transportation of North America.
Today's popular content
- Repsol board sanctions dividend cut
- Spain’s King Gives his Luxury Yacht to the Government
- Export-parity pricing will wipe off refiners’ profitability: analysts
- Queen of Spain to Sue Dating Site over Using Her Image in Offensive Way
- FTC begins new antitrust probe against Google over display ads
- Vodafone records 4.2 per cent fall in organic service revenue
- Dutch Sociologist Saskia Sassen's Awarded Spain's Prince of Asturias Social Sciences Prize
- Repsol’s Board meeting on Jan 15 to vote on Brufau
- Thalidomide Victims Sue Manufacturer Company of Drug for Allegedly Selling Drug in Spain for Six-Months after Ban
- Inaugural Great Ball Run to be Held in Northern Virginia this Summer