Queen Sofia of Spain has claimed that she will be legally challenging Canadian company for making use of her image in an advertisement without her permission.
She asserted that Ashley Madison has breached her dignity and respect in an ad, which includes an imaginary photo-mosaic of her wrapped around a man, who is naked up to his waist. The advertisement features a note, which states `you no longer will have to spend the night alone'.
It is being suspected that the ad is associated with accusations highlighted in recent biography called The Solitude of the Queen, which lays emphasis on the married relation shared by the Queen with King Juan Carlos.
It has been reported that a private civil action will be taken against the company. On the other hand, Spanish advertising standards body Autocontrol, has solely condemned the act and has ordered the company to remove the ad from its website.
However, the company has not responded. The advertisement was introduced in the month of February. The company, which is a dating site for married people, was introduced to the Spanish market last year, while it indirectly mentioned of the extramarital affairs of famous personalities, including King Juan Carlos, Prince Charles and Bill Clinton.
Today's popular content
- Spain has Second-Highest Child Poverty Rate in EU: Caritas Europa’s Report
- Spanish Political Parties Announce Candidate List for European Elections
- Gardai Arrest 9 Men in Drugs and Arms Search Operation
- 3 Seamen Found Dead, Two Missing as Fishing Boat Capsizes off Spain’s Northern Coast
- Rapper Eve is getting Hitched to Gumball 3000 Founder Maximillion Cooper in Spain
- Easter Rush boosts Confidence of Tourism Industry in Spain
- Spain Probing into Alleged 1.5bn embezzlement of EU funds
- Endemol’s 'Host in a Box' Sold in Spain for First Time
- Europe Passes New Legislation to Stop Entry of Invasive Species
- Researchers Discover Extended Part of Ancient Rome